From 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation is applied in Poland and other European Union Member States. Therefore, fulfilling the obligation expressed in art. 12 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR), we would like to provide you with some details about how Kancelaria Prawna VenaGroup Gryc-Zerych i Kruk Sp. P. Radców Prawnych with its registered office in Wrocław processes personal data.
1. The controller of your personal data is Kancelaria Prawna VenaGroup Gryc-Zerych i Kruk Sp. P. Radców Prawnych with its registered office in Wrocław, 17 Ofiar Oświęcimskich Street, phone number: +48 71 789 38 29, e-mail: email@example.com. In the scope of data processed for the purpose of providing legal services, controllers of your personal data are Ewa Gryc-Zerych Attorney-at-Law and Marta Kruk Attorney-at-Law – partners at Kancelaria Prawna VenaGroup Gryc-Zerych i Kruk Sp. P. Radców Prawnych with its registered office in Wrocław.
2. We may process your personal data for the following purposes:
a) In order to provide you with information prior to entering into a contract for legal services, that is to take steps at your request, – pursuant to art. 6 par. 1 lit. b GDPR,
b) In order to provide legal advice, draw up legal opinions as well as pleadings and other documents, that is to perform a contract for legal services – it takes place pursuant to art. 6 par. 1 lit. b GDPR. If processing of special categories of personal data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims in court proceedings, administrative proceedings or out-of-court proceedings, it take place pursuant to art. 9 par. 2 lit. f GDPR,
c) In order to comply with legal obligations to which the Firm is subject, that is with procedural provisions specifying data that should be included in respective pleadings issued in the name of the Principal – pursuant to art. 6 par. 1 lit. c GDPR in conjunction with art. 126 § 1 and 2 of the Code of Civil Procedure, art. 63 § 2-3a of the Code of Administrative Procedure and other provisions specifying formal requirements of pleadings,
d) In order to recruit staff, in the scope of data not required by law and for the purpose of future recruitment for jobs/cooperation – pursuant to art. 6 par. 1 lit. a GDPR
e) In order to initiate or maintain business contacts – on business meetings and by exchanging business cards – pursuant to art. 6 par. 1 lit. f GDPR,
f) For the purpose of contact, including providing information and answers to queries unrelated to provided legal services, and related to running a business – pursuant to art. 6 par. 1 lit. f GDPR,
g) As a data controller who is an entrepreneur, we have the right to exercise claims in respect of our business activity and to defend our rights and thus to process your data for this purpose – pursuant to art. 6 par. 1 lit. f RODO on grounds of the so called legitimate interest of the controller, which is recovery of our claims and defence of our rights,
h) As an entrepreneur we also keep books of account and we have tax obligations – we issue, for example, bills for provided services, which may involve the processing of your personal data – pursuant to art. 6 par. 1 lit. c GDPR in conjunction with art. 74 par. 2 of the Act of 29 September 1994 on accounting,
i) Your data may also be processed in order to ensure network and information safety, that is to ensure the highest level of services provided, which is a legitimate interest of the controller – pursuant to art. 6 par. 1 lit. f GDPR.
3. Depending on the purpose of processing, we may process the following categories of your data: name and surname, e-mail address, telephone number, PESEL identification number, tax identification number, company identification number, address of residence.
4. Data recipients:
Taking care of the confidentiality of your data is our priority. Due to the need to ensure an appropriate organization of our firm, e.g. in the field of IT infrastructure or current matters regarding our activity as an entrepreneur, as well as facilitating the exercise of your rights, your personal data may be disclosed to the following categories of recipients:
a) members of the team of our law firm (our authorized employees and associates),
b) service providers who have been entrusted by contract with the processing of personal data for the purposes of the performance of services we provide as well as to ensure proper management of our Law Firm. These are, in particular, entities (and their authorized employees) providing IT and technical services, courier and postal services. These entities act on our behalf to the extent necessary to properly perform the services entrusted to them,
c) entities entitled to receive personal data on the basis of legal provisions,
d) suppliers of consultancy and support services (in particular tax offices),
e) recipients of documents sent in your name by the controller, including courts and other bodies.
5. Your data will not be transferred to third countries or international organizations unless the addressees of letters sent in your name by the data controller have their domicile or registered office in that territory.
6. Data storage period:
The time we will store your data depends on the purpose for which we process it:
a) if the basis for data processing is the performance of legal obligations to which the Firm is subject, the duration of data processing arises from the performance of legal obligations of the controller and other applicable provisions,
b) if the basis for data processing is performance of the contract, data shall be processed for the period of performance of the contract and the period necessary for exercise or defence of claims, unless there is no another basis for the processing. In the event of the conclusion of a contract for legal services, the period of processing of personal data depends on the time when all necessary actions resulting from the contract for legal services are completed, however, after termination of legal services, the controller will process personal data until the limitation period for any claims that may arise from the legal relationship established expires,
c) if the basis for data processing is the performance of legitimate interest pursued by the controller, the processing covers a period of existence of that interest, unless there is no another basis for the processing,
d) if the basis for data processing is your consent, we process your personal data until it is withdrawn. Please keep in mind that you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, but the withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
After the above-mentioned periods, your data will be deleted.
7. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of processing your personal data or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability at any time.
As a person filing an application or a requests regarding the processing of your personal data, as part of the exercise of your rights, you may be asked to answer some questions related to your personal data that enable us to verify your identity. In order to exercise your rights, you can contact us at e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that we are processing personal data contrary to GDPR, you have the right to file a complaint to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office.
8. Your data shall not be processed by us in an automated manner.
9. The personal data provided to us are covered by the obligation of professional secrecy of attorney-at-law. The controller hereby informs that, if in doubt, any data subject may request data controller to give information on data processing. The abovementioned application may be sent at e-mail address email@example.com. The data controller shall respond to the application within 30 days of its receipt.